This index is provided for your convenience only. You must read these Terms in their entirety.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This includes:
- personal information that you submit to us, such as your name, address and any other contact or other information that you choose to provide by creating an account on the Website, corresponding with us via email using the hyperlinks created for that purpose or through other communication methods;
- technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and peripherals;
- financial and payment information relating to the sale and purchase of goods and services on the Website;
- information related to your use of the Website, including information about use history, advertising with which you interact within the Website and inferences to create profile about preferences and characteristics as a consumer. We may also collect information about any errors you may experience when accessing or using the Website; and
- goods and service related information concerning the goods and services you order from us or that we otherwise make available for purchase by users of the Website, as the case may be.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning. We may also collect information related to our media, investor and public relations activities and information related to our interactions with financial and other analysts and advisors.
As a general rule, we collect personal information directly from you. In most circumstances where the personal information that we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before we seek out this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you, or implied from your actions). Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
In addition to the above, any information we collect or that you provide directly to us may be anonymized or aggregated with the information of other users in order to gain an understanding of the usage habits and preferences of our users and to assist us with the selection and adjustment of future content and features for the Website. From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties (e.g. Google analytics) in our business and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
- WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Leafify collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the goods and services that have been requested;
- to be able to review the goods and services that you purchase or make available for purchase, as the case may be, so that we may understand your preferences and requirements;
- to be able to comply with your requests;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
- HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use and disclose your personal information to: establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you; enforce our Terms; review and improve the goods and services provided to or by you; comply with your requests; enable us to provide certain security and privacy safeguards; deal with security, debugging and technical support issues; protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our property; and comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements.
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so. Stripe may provide certain information technology and data processing services to us from time to time so that we may operate our business. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in the United States of America, Canada and any other relevant locations.
- WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide Services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist us in the provision of Services to you; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our business, such as, but not limited to, Stripe’s payment processing services.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed: as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements; to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders; to protect the rights and property of Leafify; during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; where the personal information is publicly available; or with your consent.
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
As we have described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting us using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be sent via email addressed to email@example.com.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
Leafify endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise us immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
- THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS OR LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You should be aware that companies that advertise or who provide goods and services on for sale on the Website may use their own cookies. This Policy does not cover how these companies use their cookies. Our Website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Leafify is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
- UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask to see your personal information that we have collected. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that any such communication must be in writing. When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact the office of our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- INQUIRIES OR CONCERNS
- PRIVACY OFFICER